Whiskey in a Margarita... Really?
- 2 Ounces Blank and Booth Hot Mess
- 1 Ounce Fresh Lime Juice
- 0.5 Ounce Orange Liqueur
- 0.5 Ounce Simple Syrup
- 2 Cups of Ice
- Lime Wedge
- Rub the lime wedge around the top of the glass and gently roll in kosher or flaked salt.
- Gently fill with ice as not to knock off the salt.
- Set aside.
- Pour the Hot Mess, lime juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup into a shaker full of ice.
- Shake hard for about 20 seconds and strain into the salted glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy.
The Margarita has been Blank and Booth’s bread and butter. Adding chili to a margarita is common and delicious, but using whiskey to make a margarita is outside the box. We promise that you will not regret giving this a try, especially if you haven’t been able to drink tequila since that one night in college, the infamous bachelorette party, or that one trip to Mexico you don’t fully remember.